Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My New Scale

This weekend I bought a scale at Kohl's.  We were having a big sale... everything in the store was on sale and associates got an additional 30% off.  :-)  I bought what I think is the best scale that Kohl's has.  It's the Talyor Glass Bodyfat Scale.  It measures up to 440lbs (though I'm planning to not get any closer to that than I already am.)  It also measures body fat percentages and body water percentages.  Of course, right now I'm so big that the scale can only measure my weight, but I am okay with that.  It gives me something to look forward to; at some point over the next few years I will have lost enough weight for the scale to be able to measure my fat and water percentages.  That will be a great day.  I'm looking forward to it.  

Tomorrow morning I am going to weigh myself.  In my experience, I have found that it is not uncommon to get different measurements on different scales; on one scale I may weigh 2 or 3 lbs more than I did on another scale.  So, I am setting myself up for the possibility that even though I have done well this week, this new scale may read differently than the scale I used the last couple of weeks.  I have decided that I am not going to be disappointed if it says I have not lost any weight.  In the long run, if I consistently use my own new scale, I know it will measure accurate progress.  And that is what I'm aiming for.  

On another note, today was a great day nutritionally.  I have been recording what I eat and inputing it to sparkpeople.com's nutrition tracker.  Even though I have been eating healthier and cutting back on the amount that I eat, I have continued to go way above the number of calories that they recommend for someone my size.  But not today!  Today I met all of my goals for calories, fat, carbs, protein, and sodium!  I also went for a 40 minute walk today.  I feel great!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you so far, Melissa!! You have such a positive attitude, which is definitely required in the process of losing weight. It is certainly a step-by-step process, but every little bit counts! I am currently trying to maintain my weight after losing 40lbs...that is like a whole different ballgame, lemme' tell ya! I noticed you mentioned a website where you track your weight, that's great!! I wanted to pass along the website that I first used when I first started losing weight just in case it might help: thedailyplate.com. I think since I first started using it, it has now merged with livestrong.com, but I'm pretty sure it's free. You can track all your foods, and even your workouts! A lot of the food already has the nutritional info in there, but if not you can edit and make your own nutrition facts. Plus you can create meals if you eat a lot of similar foods several days in a row, and then you can just plug in those meals as you eat them! I also love the pie chart with your fat, sugars, etc of your daily intake and what is recommended based on your age/size and how much you would like to lose. I've read that about 2lbs per week of weight loss is a steady and healthy pace. :)

    Anyway, I look forward to reading about your progress!! I am so proud of you and know you have it in you to reach your goal! Love you!!! :)
    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara! Thank you so much for your encouragement! It really means a lot to me. I was so proud of you for being able to lose weight and be healthy... and for trying to keep it up! You can do it!

    Thanks for the tip about thedailyplate.com. I'll have to check that out and compare it to sparkpeople (that's the one I'm currently using).

    I love you, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal