Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Healthy Fast Food

My Mom and I work at our church together on Tuesday mornings with M&Ms.  M&Ms (Moms and Mentors with Peanuts) is a Bible Study run by our church for moms.  My mom teaches a class of 3year olds and I have a class of 4 year olds.  They are way cute.  Of course, playing with young energetic kids all morning does take quite a bit of energy, so we are usually quite hungry by the time it's done.


Today my mom treated me to lunch and we went to a new place called Good to Go, a healthy fast food restaurant in Holland.  They offer eat in, drive thru, and catering services.  Good to Go has all sorts of wonderful menu selections that are all approved by Holistic Nutrition Center of Holland.  I had half of a Chicken Club Panini on Multi-grain Wheat and a Fresh Organic Green Mix Salad.  My mom had an A+BLT sandwich on Sun dried Tomato Pesto Bread.  The food was DELICIOUS!  I highly recommend it.  And they have Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Low Fat, and Gluten-Free options!  All sorts of salads, wraps, paninis, soups, rice bowls, and even dessert!  And at around $6 an entree, it's affordable, too.  The servers were knowledgeable and friendly and before our lunch was done we decided to make it a weekly After-M&Ms-treat!  I'm so excited!




"Owner Lance Sonneveldt, 40, had his fair share of fast food after 10 years of working as a medical salesman. After awhile, he ate energy bars for lunch just to avoid unhealthy chain fare.


'You’ve got to have a substitute to greasy burgers and fries,' he said. 'I believe now more than ever this country needs a healthy option.'"
"Good to Go supports the green movement by using Michigan suppliers and quick-decomposing cups and utensils. " - Holland Sentinel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal