Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Going for a Walk

I've decided that this week I am going to add some exercise.  I'm going to start with walking because, well, I'm too scared to do anything else at the moment.  It is really difficult for someone my size to do many of the exercises that other people might consider basic; so I'm going to start where I can feel comfortable and I am not going to feel guilty about it.  I figure adding any kind of movement is an improvement at this point.

5 comments:

  1. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

    Isaiah 40:30-31

    Love you, sis, and hope you're feeling fine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And verse 4 is excellent for rebuking hills and potholes that you may encounter :)

    "Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain."

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Thanks, Lauren! Awesome inspiration. And your second comment made me laugh out loud. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Melissa!!
    "Walk Away the Pounds" is a great exercise series for cold/rainy days (or the MI winters.) I have a couple of Leslie Sansone's videos- they are great for those just getting into exercise, who want to move (walk) and get a full body workout without hurting themselves. Walking is a great way to get in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gina! I am so glad you posted that, because I saw a couple of those "Walk Away the Pounds" videos at Goodwill the other day and thought about buying them, but didn't. I'm definitely going to go back and see if they're still there! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal