Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

10 down, 22 to go

I somehow managed to lose another 5 lbs this past week.  So, I've lost a total of 10 lbs and I feel great!  I have 22 more lbs to lose by September.  I'm still only planning on trying to lose 1-2 lbs a week.  You can keep track of my progress by looking at the bar at the top and bottom of my blog.  The one at the top measures my progress towards my September goal and the one at the bottom measures my progress towards my ultimate goal.

Here's an update on what I'm doing...
  1. I'm trying to get some exercise every day.  At this point it's mostly walking.
  2. I'm trying to eat healthier.  I'm aiming for half of what I eat being fruits and veggies.  I'm also trying to cut back on sodium intake.
  3. I'm trying to eat less by only eating when I'm hungry and stopping before I'm over-full.
So far so good.


Aaand... my computer is on the fritz so I may not be able to update more than once a week.  We'll see.  But please keep reading and commenting!  It really helps me stay motivated!  (For the few of you who may be unaware, you can comment by going to the bottom of the post and clicking where it says "0 encouragements".  Or the number will be different if someone has already commented.)

Here's an issue I'd like to get your opinions on...
Am I losing weight too quickly?  They say if you lose only one or two lbs a week, you're more likely to keep it off.  But, I'm not sure what I would do differently to try to lose weight slower.  At this point I'm inclined to keep doing what I'm doing and let the weight fall off however quickly it wants to, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and my new scale broke.  Boo.  I'm going to see about getting an exchange.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Love! So glad to see new posts! Even if the scale isn't working and you can't measure your progress in pounds/ percentages very often until it's replaced, I love to hear all the other aspects of your success.

    I don't think you need to worry because you're losing weight faster than you expected--if you feel good about the changes you're making, just let the results be what they are, the extra being just a marvellous bonus!

    I heard once that when you're carrying a lot of extra weight, you may lose rather quickly because the extra pounds are like wearing dumbbells, giving you excellent resistance training no matter what physical activity you do, and building lots of muscle underneath!

    My vote: Hakuna matata!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! I like that. Hakuna matata!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Melissa! :-) I've also heard that people tend to loose weight faster at first when the have a lot of extra weight.
    So I think just keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged when it becomes harder to meet your goal.. that means you're getting closer to it! :-) I commented on your FB message, but Chris and I are trying to eat healthier too. If you want I can send you fun recipes that we've tried and liked! Just let me know!
    Much Love,
    Alicia G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Alicia! That's really good to hear. And I'd love some fun recipes if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal