Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Monday, April 26, 2010

Back on track

My weight is going down again.  April sure has been a month of ups and downs!  But that's life, I guess.  I'm going to try to use what I learned this month to make May a month of just downs (in regards to weight, of course).  As of this morning I am down to 304.6 lbs.  That's a total loss of 18.4 lbs (5.7% of my starting body weight).  I'm feeling pretty good and I have had more friends and family say that I look like I've lost weight.  That definitely makes me smile!  My clothes are getting baggier and one of my belts is no longer effective because it's smallest hole is just a little too big.  Cool.  I have a friend who said she will do up my hair all pretty once I get under 300 lbs. I'll take pictures and post them for friends and family I don't get to see regularly. :-)

I was reminded again this weekend how awesome it would be to lose more weight.  I went to see Into the Woods at Cornerstone (which was fantastic, by the way, and made me want to be in a musical again) and the seats - although not as tight of a fit as it would have been a few months ago - are still uncomfortably tight.  It's not fun to have my mass overtake my seat and bulge over into the space of the person sitting next to me.  If I hadn't been sitting next to a close friend I would have been very embarrassed.  Hah!  Even writing about it is embarrassing.  I'm blushing!

I did better this past week about eating out.  Still went out a couple of times, but only got healthy food.  Didn't go on any real walks, but I have decided that I no longer can use lack of time as an excuse for lack of exercise.  From now on, if I don't have time to go on a walk, I'm going to do some other aerobic activity for at least fifteen minutes.  Seriously, fifteen minutes is definitely doable, no matter how busy one gets.  Today I did some lunges for fifteen minutes.  It got my heart rate to go up and stay within the target heart rate for a minimum of twelve minutes and it used my major muscles in a repetitive movement... those are the only qualifiers for aerobic exercise!  Cool, huh?  I'd like to go for a walk later today as well.  I miss it. 

Yesterday was the birthday of one of my brother-in-laws and we had a party.  I brought a bunch of different fruits and veggies and stuck them on skewers.  Everyone drizzled their favorite salad dressing on their veggie skewers and on the fruit skewers we drizzled melted chocolate.  Yummy!  I was pleased that I had made something healthy to share with my family that turned out to be tasty.  Good times!

I recieved a blessing from my Mom, too.  To encourage me to keep walking, she bought me a pedicure set.  I used it this week and it was wonderful!  My feet look great and feel great!  Thanks, Mom!  I love you!  I can't wait to go for another walk!

8 comments:

  1. your postcard is bought! i'm going to write it, and send it tomorrow. sorry it's taken me so long :*\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ransomedhandmaiden, I am so excited! I can't wait! Don't worry about it taking a while, I am just so ecstatic about having that to look forward to at all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, those skewers were so brilliant! I like rainbow eating. Speaking of rainbows, I still want to take that stained glass class with you sometime; so I was going to take some construction paper and start imagining/ planning what I would make. Want to make it a party for two? Oh! Tea for two! I forgot about the tea party, lol! Okay, I'm feeling a little A.D.D. today. Anywhooz, see you on Wednesday and maybe we can do one or the other or both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren! Yes, that sounds like fun! I looked up some demonstrations on how to design stained glass art on youtube. Some of them are pretty interesting. Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting to let you know when I'm free for a tea party. Wednesday works. Otherwise, I work Wednesday night and can let you know on Thursday what other days work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you! It was great walking with you today. I look forward to doing that on a regular basis! We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sarah! I really enjoyed it, too! You are a wonderful big sista! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! When I got back from work on Wednesday I forgot about the tea party deal. But we close on the house this wednesday, and we move our stuff on Saturday, so if you want we can have a tea party at *our* house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lauren! That's okay about Wednesday. I forgot, too! Just hanging out with you feels like a special treat! And I would LOVE to have a tea party at your house!

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal