Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Monday, May 3, 2010

The 20lb mark!

I have officially lost a total of 20 lbs!  Well, 20.5 to be precise!!!  WOOHOOO!  I started out at 323lbs.  I am now 302.5 lbs.  I have lost 6% of my starting body weight.  My BMI has gone from 46.3 to 43.4.  I am so close to breaking below 300, I can taste it!  It's been YEARS since I was below 300!

This past week was great!  I got back into exercising.  I did a lot of walking for aerobic exercise, and I threw in a little pilates for some strength training.  It felt great!  At the beginning of March I HATED exercise, and now I look forward to it!  How cool is that!  I am still eating relatively healthy, but my intake did go up more than it should have this past week.  I am going to try to watch that this week.  I don't need my stomach to stretch back out to where it was.  But, hey!  I lost 20 lbs!  I'm feeling great!  I'm gonna go conquer the world!

click the chart to see a larger version

7 comments:

  1. yaaaaaay! i'm soooo happy for you! i cannot wait until i am home and can give you a great big hug. it makes me so happy. for so long i've in some sense grieved for you, not because i judged you for being the weight you were, but because i knew it made YOU unhappy with yourself. it gives me so much joy to see that battle now being won and you lighting up with happiness. i am so incredibly proud of you, and i know i'll be saying that over and over at every milestone. ~your jo (the short one, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, thank you so much! You are so right about that. I have been so unhappy with myself, and for some reason I didn't think I could actually change. God has shown me a lot through this experience, and I'm looking forward to learning more as I shrink physically and grow in self-confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you and am SOOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisheva, thank you! I LOOOOOVE you too! (And I am excited that my BMI is getting closer to 42, so I can hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember on one of our walks I asked you if you believe that you can do it. And your response was something like, "Sometimes I'm not sure."

    But, wow, look at where you are! On the threshold of a whole new life! You exude energy with a new-found underlying tranquility. Like Jo was saying, seeing you light up is the most gratifying result of this whole process, for me.

    I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, thank you for that. You know, I think the fact that I keep trying even when I'm not sure if I can do it or not is what is making a difference for me this time. I think I am learning to step out and try, and in the process, learning that I can do it. I have achieved this much, and today I will try again.

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal