Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What not to do...

I'm sorry to say, but I did gain 3.4 lbs this past week.  I was not surprised at all.

The problem was that I went out to eat with friends... a lot.  I went to Applebees twice, TGI Fridays, IHOP, Wok In Wok Out, and Qdoba.  Whew.  I definitely need to limit that in the future (for my health and for my wallet!)  A few of those times I didn't make completely unhealthy choices of menu, but the ones that were unhealthy were really unhealthy.  I did have two meals that included a burger and fries, one that included an appetizer, and one that included dessert.  And of course, dine in portions are much bigger than what I would like to be eating.  Also, I did go for walks this week, but most of them were more leisurely instead of aerobic.  I'd like to get back on track with that as well.

So...  I'd like to not make this a gain-lose-gain trend.  The good thing is that I am now much more aware of how my body responds to the food choices I make.  After eating a burger I definitely felt sluggish and uncomfortable, and overeating actually caused me to feel some slight pain.  That is unusual for me.  I am used to eating and eating and eating until I feel like I'm going to explode and that's about where I stop.  I am happy to find out that my stomach has shrunk enough to be able to feel it sooner when I've eaten too much.

I am going to try my best to not eat out with friends this week.  It can be difficult for me to not eat out when it's a performance week for a show.  But with your encouragement, I think I can do it.

5 comments:

  1. Well, let's just look forward to a tea party, eh? can't wait to go to Frederik Meijer Gardens with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and we can make that as aerobic as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done such a great job already Melissa! I know that you can do it! If you do have to "eat out" just try to grab salads with lots of veggies and meat for protein! Good luck with the performances as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren, I am definitely still looking forward to the tea party and FM Gardens with you!

    Mic, I really appreciate your encouragement. I will definitely be getting more salads, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Melissa! Veggies Veggies Veggies! :-) Have I sent you the Breakfast Smoothie Recipe that Chris and I use yet? If I haven't, message me on Facebook! Praying for you!
    ~Alicia G.

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal