Weight Loss Goal for September 1, 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010

It's not about the weight... it's not about the weight...

I must admit, the up-down thing is getting a little old, and I was hoping to have ended it.  This entry is my attempt to convince myself that it's okay and to look at the big picture.

I gained two lbs this past week (so I'm back up to 304.5).  BUT... I ate lots of good nutrients and I got some exercise.  Both are successes.

I have lost a total of 4 inches on my waist since the beginning of March.  Also, I have lost a total of 2 inches from my hips, 1.75 inches from my thigh, and 1.75 inches from my upper arm.

I started out wearing size 24 jeans, and now those are so baggy that if I don't wear a belt, they fall off.

It's NOT about the weight.  It's not about the weight.  IT'S NOT ABOUT THE WEIGHT!

8 comments:

  1. You're doing GREAT, Melissa! Keep up the good work and determination. You're an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, sis! The body is not a predictable thing!

    Who knows...maybe during those times when you think you've hit a plateau you're just building better/ denser muscles! Or maybe it's water retention due to a full moon! Or maybe it's your body's way of giving you time to find new pants! ;-)

    But really, it's not about the maybes. What I KNOW for sure is that you're on a great downward path! Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that you are already so far ahead of your goal for September!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it IS about being healthy, active, and strong. It's about learning. It's about adapting yourself to feel the rewards of making good choices, and recognizing that those rewards are superior to the fleeting pleasures of indulgence.

    Ultimately, it's about forging a new balance, where indulgence can exist but is tempered by moderation and rightful satisfaction in your achievements. This is the path you've chosen, and even when it weaves a little bit it's headed to the same goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I'd like to change the words "downward path" in my previous comment to "upward path."

    On an entirely different note, it was so nice to have you over to our house for dinner! Thanks for your help with setting the kitchen to rights. Hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, it's past Monday, I was thinking I'd missed your new blog post but apparently it's not written yet!!! :) Praying for THIS week, hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, definitely try not to worry about the numbers. muscle weighs more than fat, and i'm sure you're building muscle because of being so much more active than previously.
    i know it can be discouraging, though.
    you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete

Ultimate Weight Loss Goal